Grammy and Dove Award winning gospel recording artist David Phelps will make a rare New York City appearance for the "From Voice Studio to Stage" Master Class on September 23, 2017 at Ripley-Grier Studios in New York City.
The master class will be the first collaboration between Mr. Phelps, an acclaimed gospel tenor and multi-platinum selling artist who is also known for his work with the legendary Gaither Vocal Band, and New York vocal coach Jeff Alani Stanfill, master Swedish-Italian vocal technique pedagogue.
In this six hour master class, which is set in an intimate studio setting, attendees will have a rare opportunity to see Mr. Phelps and Mr. Stanfill coaching invited guest singers from diverse genres on vocal technique, performance strategies and stage presence. Attendees will also observe Mr. Phelps vocalizing under Mr. Stanfill's direction, showing how he prepares his voice for performances and to sing a difficult repertoire night after night, and year after year, with a sustained, high level of success.
In addition, the event will feature an intimate Q&A session with Mr. Phelps, where he will share candid insights from his experiences as a successful solo performer, a member of a high-visibility and long-standing musical legacy group, a recording artist and, most recently, a musical theater performer.
What to Expect
- Learn the concepts of the Swedish-Italian school of singing
- Observe Mr. Stanfill demonstrating the concepts of vocal technique
- Learn to apply old world vocal technique to contemporary commercial music
- Learn breath management techniques
- Observe Mr. Phelps coaching invited guest singers from Broadway, Opera, Rock, Pop and Gospel
- Learn Mr. Phelps' strategies for maintaining long-term vocal health
- Learn the difference vocal warm up vs. vocal work out
- Hear Mr. Phelps' advice on building your database for a successful career
- Observe Mr. Phelps vocalizing with Mr. Stanfill
- Learn tips to live and survive on the road
- Much more!
Ripley Grier Studios
520 8th Ave.
Ticket sales will begin Monday July 24 at 10AM.